Economic Justice Coordinator
RYSE’s Education and Career Department provides a combination of drop-in and structured services at RYSE and in surrounding high schools and middle schools that allow young people the opportunity to engage in programming most relevant to their priorities and needs. Some of the programs we offer are: academic and college support services, tutoring, academic case management, academic counseling, transcript review, STEM programs, and GED referrals and support; job readiness and placement assistance, financial management support, case management, and career exploration opportunities.
The primary goals of the Education and Career Department:
- Increase young people’s access to meaningful educational and employment opportunities;
- Support young people in graduating from high school and increase their access to college; and
- Ensure that 100% of youth are college and career ready.
Sample of Programs and Services Offered:
- Study Up: Study Up is RYSE’s tutoring program where we provide academic support to our members. Every Monday and Wednesday members are welcome to drop in for help on their assignments or tests.
- Hire Up: RYSE’s weekly Job Club helps youth apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. It also prepares participants to become employed and assists with job readiness through activities and field trips.
- College Access: College Access aims to provide youth with the knowledge and resources they need to navigate through the education system and into Higher Education. Key themes will be High School and Transfer Requirements, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Required Tests (SAT, ACT), Personal Statement Support, Applications, and Field Trips.
- Quiet Hours: Youth can work independently on education and career-related work.
- Open Hours: Youth can work with one of the Education and Career Coordinators for assistance with tutoring, transcript review, academic support, academic counseling, scholarship assistance, goals setting, resume writing, cover letter writing, and job search.
- Case Management Support: Available for youth who express interest in getting regular support in meeting their Education and Career goals.
Education and Career Staff
College Access Coordinator
Education Justice Coordinator